Saturday 7 December 2013

Forgot to say...

…that the gizmo from the insurance people arrived.  I plugged it in and it gives three little polite bleeps to tell you it's working…and then you drive very carefully!  The hardest thing is judging how much to slow down for traffic lights.  There's a long orange so the temptation is to keep going before it goes red rather than break sharply in case it goes red.  So far the gizmo has given me the thumbs down twice.  A rude loud bleep after sharp braking.   I don't know how much leeway you have, and of course they don't tell you.  The spooky thing is that it's transmitting to head office or to someone in a dingy back office.  We got an email thanking us for plugging it in.

P.S. Very strange.  I re-read this entry and realised I had typed 'telegram' instead of 'email' in the last sentence.  When did I last get a telegram?

No comments:

Post a Comment