Thursday 12 March 2015

Back to the old ways

Well, here I am back in Norwich.  The weather is spring like, the front and back gardens have been readied for spring and 5 sacks of garden refuse are ready for disposal.  The bulbs are pushing through and the tree the children gave me last year is in fat bud.  The laundry and piles of ironing left over from Christmas (oh the shame!) have now been cleared and my workroom desk has been tidied.  The wardrobe (to be absolutely honest, three wardrobes) has been overhauled and three large bags of clothing and other bits and pieces have disappeared into the charity shop down the road.   I've been to book club and film club and walking club and contacted the library about volunteering again.  Almost back to normal!

The walk was interesting.  Yes, it's meant to be a loaded comment!   There were four of us, the weather was almost perfect - fresh and sunny and pleasant out of the wind - but the walk was rather longer than planned owing to the fact that our leader was under the impression that it was a 4 mile walk but was working off the sketch map that also included an 8.75 mile walk.  You can imagine!  We also got lost but ended up back at the pub as planned and only an hour or so late!  It was 7 hours since I had had a small breakfast so I rewarded myself!   Never mind...the company was excellent and it was wonderful to be back in the Norfolk countryside and I'm sure I'll stop aching in a few days!
Interesting roof
Green lanes

Signs of spring

Ripe for development

My reward (and downfall!)

No comments:

Post a Comment