Monday 15 February 2016

A 70th Wedding Anniversary Celebration

No!  Not ours, but my Aunt and Uncle's.  Here's the happy couple in 1946.  I was actually at the wedding (oops, given the game away there!) but not in this particular group photo.

The wedding group (my grandparents at the back on the right
Vera and Peter
My cousin Di put together a team of great friends who made a superb meal and the celebration was held in a friend's barn.   My Uncle isn't too well, but he managed to enjoy himself I hope.  My Aunt is in great form (they're both 94 years old) and was going from table to table checking up on people and  made a short speech! 

We caught up with old friends of my cousin's, made plans for a family get together and then drove back to Southwold.   The following day it was back to the grindstone!  Rupert arrived with his power screwdriver and put up a bed, then he got out the chain saw and started on the old falling down trees in the garden!   As my Uncle remarked yesterday, "Using a chain saw is fun, but you have to clear it all up afterwards!" Indeed! 
Peter and my sister in law Angela

John Pinch - designer and craftsman (lovely jewelry on his websie)

Angela's partner Mike - very GSOH

Aunty doing the rounds

She couldn't come in person but she sent a card!!
Vera and Peter

Cutting the cake - wonderful son in law on Aunty's right!

Having the last word!























No comments:

Post a Comment