Wednesday 28 March 2018

Norwich: Preparations for the weekend

Friday is the start of the school Easter Holiday...and the first night of Passover...and my birthday!  The family is descending in full force.   There will be 11 of us.   Not such a big gathering compared to some I've heard about, but a houseful for several days.

So I'm getting ahead on the food preparation.  So far I have made:

Chicken soup (what else!)
Mushroom Soup
Ham hock terrine
Chicken liver paté
Roasted beetroot cooled and ready to be dressed for a salad
I've slashed two shoulders of lamb and slathered them in harissa ready for slow cooking on Friday. 

Am just about to start:

Smoked mackerel paté

Tomorrow (Thursday) I shall make Baba Ganoush, apple cake, and maybe matzo balls ready for the chicken soup on Friday.  Then I'll poach some pears to go with ice cream and chocolate sauce and marinade some chickens for a tray bake for Saturday night.

Still to be prepared at some stage:  fresh fruit salad and compote for breakfasts.  

I've written down all the food I've prepared so I won't find things we haven't eaten at the back of the fridge when the family leaves.  What's the betting?

1 comment:

  1. I get exhausted just reading your blogs. Everything sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete