Friday 1 March 2019

Off to Tokyo, Japan

Here we go again!   Another very short journey to a different part of the world.  I'm sitting at home with my bags packed.  Peter is packing is now and the taxi to the airport is booked for 8.00am.

Peter has been to Tokyo before and seen practically nothing but the inside of meeting rooms.  This time he has one day of meetings and 4 days of fumbling our way round the metro and sight seeing!   We have consulted the guide books (2), studied the maps (2), read many restaurant reviews (dubious) and watched countless videos on YouTube!  The video of people stuffing themselves into metro carriages was not heartening.   I've tried to learn 'hello', 'thank you' etc and think I may have just about mastered 'thank you'.  I think we shall be doing a lot of bowing and smiling and not much talking.

I have Google translate (Japanese) on my phone, Google maps and a Japanese sim for data to insert when we get there.   We should be OK!   Famous last words?  Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment