Saturday 18 May 2019

Amsterdam Day 3

Up again in good time to walk again to the museum plein and the Van Gogh museum.  The David Hockney and Van Gogh exhibition was an eye opener.  I appreciated the Hockney’s much more after seeing the two side by side and seeing an excellent short film and hearing a very good lecture.  Quite a morning!

We went next door to state art museum for lunch in the cafe  - avocado salad for me and cheese toastie for Peter.  We couldn’t quite face another gallery so we looked round the bookshop and then wandered back to the flat.

We had an early booking at the du Behamel restaurant so the restaurant was empty when we arrived but very soon filled up.  The same art nouveau decor, very good service and an excellent meal.

Went to bed around midnight and regretted the espressos we had to finish the meal.  I was woken at 3.30am by talking, probably from the flat next door and above us.  It was particularly loud in the bathroom which has a big ceiling light in it.  I shut the bathroom door and that helped a bit but I lay furiously awake and heard them leave at 5.30am with more loud talking and door slamming!  Grr! My Fitbit tells me I had 3.45 hours sleep.  Peter was oblivious!

No comments:

Post a Comment