Saturday 28 September 2013

This morning in Bryan


Our first visit of the day was to the quilt exhibition in the Brazos Center.  Very colourful and amazing work.  Some quilts were visually more successful than others, but the variety was interesting as well as the quilting stitches that show up on close inspection.








Add caption
Add caption



Then off to park and take a free shuttle to the Texas Reds Festival in Bryan.  This was billed as a steak and wine festival.  There were lots of large wood smoking ovens on the streets and plenty of smells, but rather little sign of anybody eating anything and no signs to say what they were offering.  We didn't see the wine either, although see grapes being trod however - outside 'my' library.  I don't think we had our eye in, culturally, for what was on offer.  There weren't many people about.  Maybe it all warms up later in the day.  I mean 'warms up' socially because it was baking hot and a torrential downpour created a sauna effect.  This partly limited our energy for exploring further. 

We took refuge in the Village Cafe which I like and where I often go for lunch when I'm at the library. Peter had 'breakfast' and I had a raspberry, avocado, cucumber, tomato and spinach sandwich with Asian slaw on the side!

As you can see we were sitting at the lucky table!

No comments:

Post a Comment