Friday 6 February 2015

Still busy enjoying Paris

A long time since my last post, but that doesn't mean nothing has been happening.  We had a friend from Norwich visiting last weekend.  She stayed in a hotel up the road and we dashed around Paris (in the cold and rain) visiting the Museum of Modern Art and then the Pompidou Centre where we were disappointed to find one floor closed(probably the one we all wanted to see the most).  So we decided not to pay the full entrance fee and we returned on the Sunday when it was free.  Of course everyone else had the same idea so we had a lot of standing around in queues to do both outside and inside.  We had previously walked a longish way to find a small lesser known museum that our friend was interested in, only to find it closed, so by the time we actually got into the Pompidou Centre galaries our interest was waning.  After a short while, I'm sorry to say, Peter and I sloped off to the cafe and had tea!  In between the art there was a lot of eating and drinking and the weekend sped past.

This week has been very cold.  The sort of bright piercing cold that looks enticing until you get into a windy corner and find your head freezing, your eyes watering and your nose running.  I've been very glad of the fleece hat the children gave me for Christmas.  I've done my share of walking this week as I've been to the BCWA three times.  This involves a 10 minute walk to the metro, a 30 minutes train ride and then a 15 minute walk down a breezy boulevard the other end.  On Wednesday it was Craft and I was drafted in to make greetings cards.  On Thursday I opened up the club and acted as 'Welcome' buzzing people in and getting them signed in and collecting their lunch money.  It really is just like school!  Today I've been to play Scrabble!

Only three more weeks left.  I expect they will go all too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment