Thursday 4 May 2017

Feeling virtuous

Today I decided to roll my sleeves up and tackle the back garden in Norwich which has been neglected in favour of the garden at Southwold.   Oh dear!   These first world problems.

There are several plants that are out-growing their pots and need to be split up and some new plants to pot up.  And a general tidy up and a sweep was needed. So I worked solidly for 2 hours and managed to make some progress.   It doesn't look like much though. 

I'm quite pleased with my Kalette seedlings.  They look healthy.   I'd never heard of them before but I suspect they are fast becoming a new superfood or super-fad!  Apparently they are a cross between kale and a brussel sprout.   Should be interesting.



While I was working the window cleaners arrived with their long hose and water squirting brush.   I rue the day that health and safety led to the demise of the ladder, bucket and cloth.   Now the hose snakes across the garden and knocks over plants and my cup of tea, perched on the window sill, was diluted with window water!  Thanks!

Now the front garden needs some attention and my potatoes over in the veg patch need to be hoed and the soil mounded up.   Work, work, work!
New geranium plants

Purple primulas split and repotted
Hostas split and repotted

More hosta
Kalettes.  A new vegetable.  Grown from seed and almost ready to plant out.

2 comments: