Thursday 26 March 2020

March 25th 2020: Coronavirus Day 11

A lovely sunny day.  Very fresh in the morning but warming up by lunch time.
So what did we do today?


  • A couple of calls/conferences calls for Peter
  • A load of washing for me
  • A bit of gardening
  • Exercises in the garden with my laptop perched on a chair and two cans of beans for weights! 
  • Talking to Sally
  • Looking at a lot of emails - ditto for Peter
  • Lunch in the garden - a sort of omelette using up stuff from the fridge
  • Knit and natter on Zoom (not entirely satisfactory - too many people talking at once) 
  • Reading
  • Walking round Gill's garden several times - one circuit jogged! 


The rules about driving out into the countryside to go for a walk are unclear, so we think we may use Gill's garden as a circuit track!  She was in the greenhouse working and we waved at her as we went past.

Waitrose delivery coming tonight.  I've already had an email showing about 10 items not available for which they are offering substitutes (some of the not suitable) and about 5 items not available at all - including plain flour. I put a notice on the door for the delivery man with the items I didn't want marked. 

As it was such a struggle to get a delivery slot with Waitrose, I'm switching to Sainsbury's where I get priority booking as I'm over 70!   What a perk. 





No comments:

Post a Comment