Sunday 29 March 2020

March 28th 2020: Coronavirus Day 14

So it's actually Sunday 29th as I write and such is the smallness and narrowness of our private world that I can't remember what we did on the 28th.   A collective brain scouring is required to bring back to mind the trivial pursuits of the incarcerated! 

Ah yes!  We cleaned three rooms upstairs.  I did the moving and dusting and spraying and wiping and washing and Peter wielded the vacuum cleaner.  The upholstered blanket box at the end of our bed came up a different colour!  The rungs on the bedroom chairs were stripped of their grey fur coating!  There's nothing like cleaning your own home to get a good job done.   I know I should have tumbled to this years ago, but there never seemed the time or the incentive to do it myself.   "We must seriously think about doing our own cleaning" I said to Peter.  His look was doubtful.


A Squash and a Squeeze
We had a Skype call from Abe and Saul in the morning and they told us jokes.   They seemed quite cheerful.  We also had a video call with Simon, Tania and Pearl.  Simon is getting to grips with his problems and doing what he can to salvage the business and people's jobs.  I sent Pearl a story book that I had narrated for her.   It was quite an elaborate undertaking.  First I photographed all the pages of the book, then I made a power point presentation with the pictures and finally recorded myself reading it on Zoom with screen sharing so that I could go through the slides at the right pace.  Apparently it went down really well and more have been requested!   That'll keep me busy!  I must streamline the process. 

Laura watched a funeral of a distant relative on YouTube!  The strangest things are happening. 

In the evening we watched the first episode of a BBC version of Nancy Mitford's book, Love in a Cold Climate.   Peter walked out after a short while and found something better to do! 

For the record, Peter is re-reading 'Love in a time of Cholera' and I've just started  'The Western Wind' by Samantha Harvey.  


No comments:

Post a Comment