Sunday 3 November 2013

Jazz night in Bryan

Drove up to Bryan this evening (on my own, Peter having gone off for a series of meetings in Florence, Portsmouth and London) and met up with Patricia Cleere for a Jazz night.  It was held in the basement of a hotel and Pat was disappointed by the low turnout.  However, the music was very enjoyable, varied and featured lots of guest players...many of them retired professors from A&M.   Reminded me of Mojo's without the dancing!

Pat and I and a friend of Pat's polished off a bottle wine and Pat and I ordered food.  I was introduced to many people and when I came back into the room from a short visit to the ladies/restroom it was noticeable that people looked up, nodded and smiled!  Such friendliness!  I must have shaken the hands of 6 complete strangers on my way out of the door at the end. Drove home...driving and drinking laws are probably the same here, but people's attitudes to them are very relaxed.  I can't speak for the po-lice though...

No comments:

Post a Comment