Thursday 11 September 2014

Bure Valley walk

Excellent walk yesterday along the Bure Valley.  The footpath was broken up by many stiles, which increased our exercise, and we encountered a beautiful group of palamino horses with blond manes and tales (like this one), bullocks and swans.

There were great views too across the river to Oxnead Hall.   We also stopped to admire two churches and enjoyed the bench in one of the graveyards while we ate our picnic.
One of the churches, St. Mary's at Burgh-next-Aylsham,  provoked us into trying to assemble our knowledge of church architecture, there being no handy leaflet.  Next day I found this reference on the internet.

Unfortuantely, I've had to scrounge these images from the web because I thought I didn't have my phone/camera with me.  When we were almost back to the carpark, it rang from the depths of my backpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment