Saturday 15 November 2014

Clever idea

I had cause to find a doctor during the week, so I put our address into Google maps and searched nearby for a 'médecin généraliste' (I think that's how you spell it).  The surrounding neighbourhood is awash with doctors so I patiently went through each in turn looking for someone that took my fancy, though I had no idea how to tell one from another except that some were actually psychiatrists (not needed, yet) or therapists of one sort or another (ditto).  I found a doctor nearby and phoned only to be completely stumped by an answerphone message that was relayed at machine gun speed.  I hung up none the wiser.  Eventually I located a doctor with the delightful name of Charlotte de Rochbrune (nice picture too) and what's more, I could book an appointment online!   What a brilliant idea!  So much easier on the blood pressure than trying to get through to a surgery.  She turned out to be charming and business like and, I hope, good at her job.   Apparently I may have gallstones - a punishment for all that butter and cream!  

Another clever idea that came to fruition this week was the showdown with Jean at the language school.  Khem and I delivered our prepared speech and low and behold, we talked the whole 2 hours and now have a list of topics we will be discussing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment