Monday 3 March 2014

Last weekend but one...



Saturday was a glorious day.  Sunny and hot.  We did very little, except go for a walk in the afternoon.  A lazy day.  On Sunday the weather turned, which was a pity for the Atmospheric Sciences 'spring' picnic and BBQ which had to be transferred from a park to indoors at the university.  The BBQ was replaced by bought in barbecued food - although we may have been naive in thinking that there would be hot coals involved in the first place.  Anyway it was very friendly and our Chinese friends presented me with a Chinese cookery book!  Everyone went upstairs to the observatory at the top of the building after eating.  And when I say upstairs, I mean up stairs - at least 6 flights!  I can tell you that my knees did not like it and my lungs weren't too happy either.  When we got to the top I ambled over to the nearest window in what I hoped passed for a nonchalant manner and peered out, hoping for a quiet moment while the heavy breathing subsided!  Unfortunately, due to the rain and the low cloud, there was nothing to be seen, so I could hardly fix my gaze out of the window for long!  It was a shame really as the observatory floor is the highest thing for miles and as this part of Texas is pancake flat, the view would have been tremendous...and I'm never going up there again!

One small accomplishment...the completion of another project using left-over bits of yarn.  I'm slowly getting through my bag of odds and ends. I ran out of brown towards the end of the second sleeve so opted to finish in rust and added a hand sewn embellishment on the opposite side to balace the design.  Crafty eh?  And pompous!  

No comments:

Post a Comment