Tuesday 20 January 2015

A walk in the 6th


Today I met up with Brigitte - a German married to a Frenchman - who I met on the first Meetup outing.  She showed me round the  6th, skirting the Jardin de Luxembourg.   We started out with a trip to Bon Marché.  I don't know how I have managed not to go there before.   Very pricey and with an abolutely fabulous food section. 
Inside Bon Marché

Saint Sulpice
Then we had lunch in a brasserie followed by another walk to see the church of St. Sulpice with its colonaded exterior.  We wandered round inside and then walked down rue Férou passed a poem by Rimbaud painted on the wall.  Then across the square in front of the Pantheon to find another church,  Saint-Etienne-du-Mont which has fine carved stonework and the tomb of St. Genevieve.

Part of the poem - The Drunken Ship


The Pantheon

Saint-Etienne-du-Mont















An excellent walk around an area that I haven't explored before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment