Sunday 18 January 2015

Natural History Museum

The Natural History Museum was my destination today.  I walked part of the way there to get some exercise and then explored inside.  An interesting old building with a constantly changing pattern of lighting which was atmospheric I suppose, but the lighting levels were so low in general that it was very hard to see smaller exhibits like beetles and shells inside their cases.  Maybe it's a preservation issue, but wandering round in the dark makes for a gloomy visit.  I noticed a lot of bored small children which was a shame, but understandable.  It took some effort to go up to cases and peer in to see the contents.  Just as I was preparing to go there was a 'thunderstorm' with flashing lights and rolls of thunder and a heavy rain soundtrack.   The silly selfies are for the grandchildren!

I walked all the way home!  About 1.5 miles. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment