Friday 22 August 2014

Two weeks in London: Day 13

Today did not go as planned.  My cousin had warned me by phone from France the previous evening that my visit to my Aunt and Uncle might not go as planned.  My Uncle (in his 90s) had a fall the previous night and injuried his foot.  He had been taken into hospital to have his toe repaired.  The morning was spent texting my second cousin (their granddaughter) and talking to my Aunt about when they would be collecting him etc.  In the end we had to cancel our lunch out and we decided not to give my Aunt, also 90+, the worry of us turning up as well.    I was very disappointed not to see them and hope we can fit in a visit between now and Paris.

Having whiled away the morning on calls and texts we decided to go to Tate Britain and saw an exhibition of British Folk Art, a good proportion of which seemed to have come from Norfolk and in particular the Norfolk and Norwich Castle Museum.   The main hall of the gallery was filled with amazing structures.  We also had time to wander through the main galleries enjoying the British art.




No comments:

Post a Comment