Monday 29 April 2013

Eating out...twice in one day

I met up with a friend and her daughter for lunch today.  Lunch was her suggestion.  There were a few emails going back and forth in order to decide where to eat.  I'd have been happy with one of these laid back cafés I have found, but they didn't seem to meet with her approval so we went to one of those cafeteria style bland places that do sandwiches, soup etc.  Zero atmosphere.   But we had a good chat and my spinach, pecan and goats cheese salad with balsamic dressing was perfectly Ok. 

Later in the afternoon I was picked up by friend Carol to go with her and her husband to a flute concert.   Flutes of all sizes from piccolo to a very big contrabass flute - never seen one before.   It was a mixed programme with some enjoyable pieces, but at the end we wished we'd sat further back - the piccolo was very shrill.    Afterwards we went with other friends to eat at...you guessed it...another cafeteria type restaurant.  I had a small tortellini alfredo (I'm sure that should be 'al fredo') and a caesar salad...should that be 'Caesar'?   The company was good though.  


No comments:

Post a Comment