Monday 22 April 2013

Sushi conversion...

There's a woman living in my road whose husband is also a Fellow of the Texas Institute of Advanced Study - we originally met in January at the crossed sabres reception.  We've tried without luck to get together since we arrived and managed it today.  We met up for a walk round Wolf Pen Creek and talked out heads off!  As the walk finished at 12.00 noon, we decided it was lunch time.  Wanda likes sushi and recommended 40Tempura on Texas Avenue.  I'm not keen on sushi but she tempted me to try the restaurant on the basis that the tempura was excellent.   Well, the menu looked so interesting that I was tempted to try two different kinds of sushi and seaweed salad. Wonderful fresh flavours and just the right amount of food...that was until we decided to round the experience off with green tea ice-cream tempura (pictured).  Delicious!  Another light lunch! 

She pointed out a shoe shop next to the parking lot.  It turned out to stock my kind of shoes so I had to buy a pair.  She also told me of small dress shops selling linen.  She's going to be my ruination!   She's a psychiatrist and probably saw right through me to the shopper within! 

No comments:

Post a Comment