Wednesday 10 April 2013

Mall walking...

Well, walking in the mall was not the same as walking along the marshes in Norfolk.  In fact apart from the physical act of putting one foot in front of the other, there was no earthly comparison BUT the company was very good.  Carol and I talked our way round two circuits of the mall which amounts to about 1.5 miles...not good enough really, but there's only so many times you want to pass the same shops.   Then we sat down in the very comfortable arm chairs provided by the mall and had a good natter.  Carol drove us to downtown Bryan where the old stores are now being restored and re-enlivened.  Carol introduced me to a friend of hers in the framing shop and then we went to The Village for lunch.  

After lunch Carol drove me back to College Station to pick up my car...which being parked outside a shopping mall gave me the excuse to go in.  It's no good though.  Not enough black clothing to be had! 

My friend Mary, when asked what she most notices when she spends time in England, replied "The lack of colour.  Everyone wears such dark clothes."  I must be a disappointment to her!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment