Friday 24 May 2013

A better pizza

In fairness, I should mention another restaurant outing this week which produced a really good pizza.

We started with Pacific Ahi tuna nachos...a modest number of bits of tortilla (2.5 each) considering this was a sharing plate for two...piled with an interesting mixture of ingredients...

Pacific Ahi Tuna Nachos 15.95
poppy seed seared tuna • mango guacamole • cilantro salad in
sambal honey • wasabi aioli • soy-lime syrup • mixed nuts

They tasted delicious.

Pizza to follow with fresh ingredients and a good bite from the jalapeƱos (Oh look!  I've found out how to type a tilde!) and then chocolate strawberry tart.  I know!  But it's my last week! 


Downside?  There's always something.  The restaurant was so dark we had to use a phone torch (no, I've not got a phone with a torch in it, but I know someone who has and it's proved useful on a couple of occasions...for reading the menu and for waving around in the dark to attract the waiter's attention!) and it took two attempts to get the bill right.  

An interesting banking anomalie is that here the debit card is viewed with more suspicion than the credit card. So I was charged an extra 69 cents to have my debit card verified.  

No comments:

Post a Comment