Thursday 2 May 2013

Swim, shop, eat and book group

A busy day of enjoyable activities.

1. Water aerobics again.  Dark clouds looming and and gusts of wind and a smattering of rain did not deter the intrepid troupe as we hopped and bounced from one end of the pool to the other and thrashed our limbs about - this time to music!   I discovered why there was no one in the changing rooms at the end of the session....they all put on wraps and lay the towel on the car seat and drive home in their wet costumes.  I did the same today, but got rid of the wet costume and wrapped the towel round me.  Half way up the freeway I wondered how it would be if I was involved in an accident and had to leap from car!   May adopt a different strategy next time! 

2. Collected at 11.15 am by Wanda who drove us south to Navasota to Martha's Bloomers (ha! ha!), a garden centre she had heard about.  The perfect venue for ladies who lunch...flowers, plants, garden knick-knacks, boutique, soaps and tea-room.   We had a browse round the shop and the garden centre bit and decided we were underwhelmed.  Lunch was fine...I had a slice of quiche and spinach salad...but the chat was excellent.

3. Book Group at Barnes and Noble...just Austin and me to talk about 'The Yiddish Policemen's Union'.  Apparently there was a flyer, but it wasn't to be seen on the front desk and the notice in the general 'what's on' leaflet advertised us badly.  But Austin and I were philosophical.  We had a good discussion about the book, it's extraordinary characters, the comedy and the tragedy.  Austin is going to keep working at getting more members and I'm looking forward to our next meeting in October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment