Wednesday 23 October 2013

Lunch at Leona

Pecan Grove Café, Leona TX
Scarecrow to scare off customers? On the right!
Today Carol and I set off on one of our explorations.  She is dedicated to providing me with experiences in and around College Station.    Our destination was the Pecan Grove Cafe in Leona TX.  Why?  Well, there's an interesting story.  We were looking round a house to rent and were shown round the former parental home by a couple who's surname was House.  Turned out that Mr. House and his brother were running restaurants in Leona which had been started by their father.  Full story here.   Carol and I headed off across country on small roads to see what it was all about.
Homely interior - design feature, white painted corrugated iron

A corner of the restaurant
Filling up
 I had a hamburger - my first for years!

Dropped into the grocery store on my way home.
These are agave leaves. Don't know what to do
with them yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment