Thursday 17 October 2013

My very own...

...ant bites!  I noticed the other day that the mail box had water in it leading to soggy letters so I decided to straighten it up a bit so that any water would drain out.  I grabbed hold of the post, braced my foot on the ground at the bottom and heaved.  Unfortunately I had not spotted the whopping fire ant nest at the foot of the post, disguised as a shrub.  Looking down I saw ants on my feet.  Vigorous fire dance ensued and much brushing, stamping and cursing!  I have made the discovery though that I am not allergic to fire ant bites, but they do itch and, apparently,
the secret to rapid healing is not to scratch.  Fancy that!   I'm not exactly covered, as you can see, but I've learned a useful lesson.  Look before you step!   P.S. please notice the tan!

No comments:

Post a Comment