Thursday 9 January 2014

Storm in a tea cup

Apparently the cancellation of our 9.0 am water fitness session was only for this week, while it's been, relatively, cold. A misunderstanding.  Back on again from Monday.  Do you think my telephone call to the pool manager and my email to the parks department had anything to do with that?   Probably not, almost definitely not....but just maybe?

Anyway, the temperature went back up to 59F today and despite the rain, I decided to go for a swim.  It wasn't much fun.  The water temperature was supposed to be 85F but it didn't feel like it and there was no instructor so after about 6 laps and some feeble attempts at water aerobic exercises, I gave up and headed for the changing rooms.  Slipped on wet concrete and slammed to the ground, took skin off my knee and knocked over a large board which fell on me.  Lay on the ground to regroup for a while and then had to shuffle over on my knees a foot or two to the lockers for some help in getting off the ground without slipping again.   One of the life guards heard the crash and came to investigate, but only when I had hauled myself into the changing room to sit down.  Bruised knee, bruised and aching leg, bruised dignity!  Rather dramatic limp.....

No comments:

Post a Comment