Thursday 9 October 2014

Fewer moans today!

The aquagym class was much more civilised today.  For a start I arrived over half an hour early which gave me enough time to pick out my spot in the pool towards the front of the class in a sensible depth.  Others did the same and we bobbed up and down until the lithe young man deigned to get out of his chair and start the class!   I have to say that being stared down on by a fit young man is far less comfortable than aerobics at Bryan/College Station where the (female) class leader was about the same shape as the rest of us and was in the water with us.    Anyway, it's a very small moan.  There was more space, though there was some bumping, and then we got out the 'noodles' and spread across the pool for floating exercises and then it was really good.   It's very noticeable that although there are one or two women who have clearly come with a friend, the rest of the ladies keep themselves to themselves, barely exchanging smiles let alone comments, unlike Bryan/College Station where there was non-stop cameraderie!  I must stop making comparisons.

In the afternoon the language class was much improved by more opportunities to speak.  In fact we went round the class answering questions and making comments for most of the time.  Bradley looked almost cheerful and Jeremy smiled...once.  Bradly and I wondered if Jean had overheard us the day before!!!!  Sometimes it pays to be indiscreet. 

Then off to the fishmonger's again.  This time for some 'veritable' smoked haddock which I had spotted yesterday.  I bought what I thought would be enough for two and it cost £16.  Gulp!  It had better be good!  Although now I've unwrapped it at home, it does look rather lurid!
Next time I'll go for something cheaper.  I noticed that they had skate with the skin on.  We like skate but I'm not sure about the skin!   A bit of Googling in order I think to find out whether to take the skin off before cooking or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment