Friday 31 October 2014

The past week

Ah, no blog since Monday and now it's Friday.  Reason?  Ill health!  The cold turned into a terrible cold which turned into blocked sinuses which turned into a hacking cough.  Three trips to the pharmacy later, there is some improvement.  Although this afternoon I had to get off the bus a stop early as my coughing was really unpleasant for everyone else.  I'm all heart!

So, I had a day off on Monday and struggled into the language class on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday afternoon to find Jeremy had disappeared from the class without even saying goodbye.  I didn't do much during the day except take medicaments.  On Thursday I felt a bit better and in the morning ventured by bus to BHV which turns out to be a sort of French Harrods.  I did some ogling at the luxury goods and the prices and bought 6 basic wine glasses.  We have been managing with two and Peter broke one of them. 

On Thursday afternoon I went to the language school for the last day of course for the month.  This time is was Bradley who had sloped off the day before without saying goodbye.  What is the matter with those two men?!  After the lesson, to which Lorena, the Spanish girl had brought some torrone to share from her home town of Cuenca, there were hugs and kisses all round.  Maybe that's what Jeremy and Bradley were afraid of.   I looked up Cuenca when I got home and realised it's a world heritage site and wished I had known and talked to Lorena about it.    I now wait to see what my new classmate Alix will be like.   I think there will just be the two of us.

And then it was Friday....

No comments:

Post a Comment