Wednesday 27 March 2013

4.5 hours at the library...

and my eyes are tired!  I wish some Texan oil billionaire would come along and pay for the library to digitise it's newspapers!  I've been winding my way through the Bryan Daily Eagle for 1937 on microfilm looking for historical and significant events though I have to say that the advertisements for shoes and clothes are much more interesting.  As for the cigarette ads!















Tomorrow I've been invited by a lovely couple (circa 80 years old) to go with them to a 'sit and fit' class at a community center where they have 'senior adult programmes'. Apparently you do exercises from a seated position.  It's very kind of them to ask me along and who knows, it MAY be just what I've been looking for but somehow I doubt it.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry, I'll let you know in graphic detail tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment