Wednesday 13 March 2013

That's enough counting the days!  I keep getting in a muddle anyway and no more weight bulletins until the end of the week.  Why keep torturing myself! 

Yesterday I was included in a ladies lunch at an Italian restaurant.  They are wives of academics in the Oceanography department and retired staff who meet monthly.  A very friendly group of 6 who are going to be asking around for somewhere we might rent in the autumn.  As usual plates were cleared and checks brought the minute the last person finished eating and then we were off.  Shame really as we were just getting started! 


Hibiscus
Today the temperature is climbing to a very nice 21 degrees C.  I've been out and swept the back yard with my yard broom and admired the hibiscus just coming into flower, though how it will get on in a tiny pot, I don't know. 

Today is trash day.  Last night I wheeled the huge bin (with rather little in it) to the kerb side.  I've just watched it being emptied.  No chattering group of refuse collectors ambling along in the wake of a slowly moving vehicle, snatching up bins and then hurling them back.   A majestic dust cart has just swept down the street and slowed fractionally by the bin, a long yellow arm with a pincer on the end snaked out, grabbed the bin, upended it into the cart, placed it back delicately on road side and sped off to the next one.  It's clearly got arms on both sides of the cart so one man can do the whole job at speed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment