Friday 8 March 2013

Day 8: A quiet day...


Weight loss since 1st March:  2.4lbs

Sore throat today, so feeling sorry for myself and no walk this morning.   Resting on the 7th day!!

Weight loss not great, but probably a sensible amount to lose in a week.

A day of small tasks...changing the bed and the towels and doing the washing, making soup, catching up on emails and a little light dusting!   And time to read my book, The Stranger's Child by Alan Hollinghurst, which is gripping

Heard from the tax man that they disagree with my tax return.  The accountant says they are usually right, so I may have to cough up some more.  There's no way we can sort it out from here.

A pleasurable hour spent in the supermarket loading up on fruit and vegetables. 

A Skype call from Norwich today and some emails from friends to keep us in touch with what's going on.  The 6 hour difference means that my late-night message wake some people up...but I wake up in the morning to find my inbox delightfully full of news.

Peter spent some time this evening trying to find a hotel in Houston, but Spring Break, which we are just learning about means that hotels are full.  We'll have to postpone our visit.  

Another invitation to someone's house for a meal, so our social life is beginning to build.




No comments:

Post a Comment